Wednesday, December 19, 2007

stained glass and friends

















The garden is sleeping away winter time and colleges are quiet also, so I have filled my life with friends and stained glass.

Last Saturday I posted my first suncatchers on mosaic woman's Etsy site and sold two of the four that day. Well, I am not ready to quit my day job for sales have slumped for me, but mosaic woman has sold a couple more. A crafty life is not just in our future it is here. I want to celebrate with her. Tonight I finished a project for a friend who wants to buy it for a mutual friend and I posted the last suncatcher I have to sell on Etsy. Monday I finished one for a dear friend whose name I joyfully pulled out of a hat for a gift exchange (pictured above).

This past weekend I found myself invited to four holiday events. One invitation came from a friend who is nearly completed with the spirituality program, which I am considering. Saying goodbye, wanting to know how the whole experience was for her, and expressing my doubts if I will commit myself to the process, I hear Mosaic woman say to me... "You really enjoyed those classes."

I also spent time with Jesus growing up in Nazareth. What struck me was the Bible's stress on how this time was spent gathering Wisdom and God's favor. Tonight Ignatius calls me to imagine the face of evil and how that entity spreads through society. Then I am imagining Jesus in the light. Emerging from the dark ravine where evil resided to a sunny field, I know the wisdom that Jesus sought. It is the wisdom we find in his call to his followers.... Resist evil, be grateful for what emerges in our life, and work for God's kingdom by seeking justice for all.

[edited July 9, 2015  I now have my own Etsy shop: Stratozpheres]

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! A Christmas season with The Exercises is a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask, Wayne, with no intent to spar with you on your perception thereof, in what light do you hold Jesus in those years? Was He simply as you and I were, a human child in body, soul, and spirit...or was there a "spark" of divinity within Him from the very beginning? As noted, not looking for anything other than your own thoughts on the matter.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gannet Girl--Meery Christmas to you.

    Jim--- good question, I am going to do a post as a response

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.