Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Handel and Rembrandt and Anna and Tobit

I want to blog about prayer on Monday night, but time, energy and gumption has me going in this direction.
OK, so as far as I can tell someone named Johann Christoph Schmidt, took Handel's music from here and from there, and set it all to the story of Tobit. Here is an aria by Anna rejoicing when Tobias has emerged from his dangerous journey.
And then there is this painting by Rembrandt,
Before this past week, I didn't know any of this existed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, neither did I. Thanks for this, Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daisy... when I searched Anna and Tobit to find words of wisdom, I found art, music, and Buechner. how cool was that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.