Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jazz on Tuesdays: Louis Armstrong for this season

My bedtime reading has been Louis Armstrong's autobiography of growing up in New Orleans. Autobiographies make me wonder about all the moments that can shape a person.


47  142/365  Louis Armstrong's Trumpet
The man's trumpet as seen this summer at the Smithsonian


I finally got around to placing my eclectic collection of Christmas music onto my iPod. Louis has a strong presence:

So have a Cool Yule:















Bonus, Get the hear Dinah Washington sing before Louis closes it out with Christmas Night in Harlem

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that he had written his life's story. Sounds like an interesting read.

    Merry Christmas to you and Mosaic Woman! I wish you all the best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather LOVED Louis Armstrong, so thank you for the warm, wonderful memories!

    I'd also forgotten you are a moon addict like me! Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. walk2write--- good to see you here. May your 2010 end with much joy and peace.

    Snowcatcher--- so glad I could bring back a good memory or two. You may want to know that I have decided to get my heart in shape by riding a bike at the YMCA this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.