Monday, September 3, 2012

Rules


DSCN1135.JPG
My classroom wall 2007
 Rules
  1. Leaves of three. Leave them be.
  2. Spread joy. Be exuberant.
  3. Attempt the task which you fear.
  4. Help other to discover success.
  5. Emerge into the person you desire to be.
  6. Work with tools. Play with toys
  7. Be filled with hope.
  8. When plans get changed, see where the new plan takes you.
  9. You can disagree and be pleasant at the same time.
  10. Attempt to answer big and small questions.
  11. Be Mindful.  The present moment is a fine place. 
  12. Forgive your teacher, your classmates, and yourself. Accept the imperfections we all have with grace and kindness.
  13. Accept your fate and work with your assigned team.
  14. Question accepted truths. It is the way science improves.
  15. Be creative with flowers, thoughts, and colored pencils.
  16. Live a long life. Avoid eating house plants and leaves of nightshades for that matter.
  17. Wonder why and how.
  18. If you have tried and failed , then try again or ask for help.
  19. Be aware of how your emotions are affecting how you behave.  
  20. Understand this, that Mr Stratz enjoys being a teacher. Your behavior controls how much he can teach. 
  21. And finally... Enjoy the jazz.



13 comments:

  1. Those are some good rules. I hope that this coming year brings some joy and satisfaction in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was dreading the first week, your post made me smile and realize that we do good. Might have to poach a few of your rules to post in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klem ~ dread is natural as we approach a space we want to control but know it is a hope that may never happen

      Delete
  3. Those are great rules, Wayne! It makes me want to be in your class. Wishing you much success this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth ~ Thanks, plus there is this really cool stained glass piece in my classroom window :')

      Delete
  4. My students would stop reading after Rule 2. I have distilled it to 5 words.

    Be.... Safe, Respectful, Prepared, Scholarly.

    I hope you have an excellent year. Your students are lucky to have you as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told I had to post rules, something I don't generally do. I do have a conversation about the characteristics of a student who will earn a A from me as compared to one who would earn an F. My love of 21 is why there are so many. Have a great year yourself, hope that your class schedule quits changing

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I actually hope it changes one more time as I do not want to teach five periods back-to-back but I appreciate the sentiment.

      Delete
  5. Great rules! I especially love numbers 12 & 14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbara! Now that I have rules, I just need to figure out what I am going to teach ;') I guess I could just keep going over the rules for the first month

      Delete
  6. twenty-one rules!
    now for a student rule list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nance ~ I will see if they have the time to write down some rules for me. As for 21, just my favorite number and since after years of having no rules posted, I figured I would have fun when the memo told us to post rules

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.