Saturday, September 15, 2012

Science Friday : why just Fridays and why not Friday


Jeff Potter on the air with Ira Flatow of NPR's Science Friday
Photo by Jeff Potter 

Science Fridays on NPR airs during my 8th period class, which means I almost never hear it.  But a recent desire to boost my Twitter science list led to finding them on twitter, which led me to their website.  So now I can listen to a story here and there and quit bemoaning the fact that I miss it.

And the videos are great.  So I made my own science Friday moment this week.

I showed how plants need to be filmed to be able to watch them behave and went into a discussion tendrils...

and then it was to show them how the opposite had to be done to study bats...
I showed them a video that showed them just how amazing an octopus can be but also a close up of chromatophores.

and then to show the creativity of a man with a house boat... the first floating outhouse with a natural sewage treatment center...

4 comments:

  1. science friday is a cool program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nance ~ Yes indeed. My students enjoyed the videos and I enjoyed the discussions after the videos

      Delete
  2. I'll have to add this to my list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken ~ sometimes I rest my eyes and listen to one of the audio segments that catches my eye. The other night I caught up on hawks and condors

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.