Sunday, September 23, 2012

Not all about the food: A walking Tour of Lansdale featured Wilson's Hardware



Wilson's Hardware ~ brand new sign
Yesterday I gave two walking tours of Lansdale, one planned the other when a dinner guest got restless so the men folk took a walk down Main Street while the women folk moved from the dining room to the living room.  The tours, which were 11 hours apart, were heavy on pointing out where we enjoy eating, but I did point out Wilson's Hardware Store.

One day I walked into Wilson's knowing the problem but not the solution.  I left with a turkey baster.  The problem of how to remove excess water from the glass grinder (with clogged drainage tube) solved and that is a wonderful thing.

scrap containers next to grinder

And then there was the problem of attaching wings to a commissioned angel, I knew what I needed and they had it...


Thanks for being part of our downtown...




6 comments:

  1. I love that you gave us a tour... and thanked them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackswamp Girl ~ There are huge stores in every direction headed out of town which makes their presence even cooler

      Delete
  2. Every town needs a good hardware store. I have lots of memories of tagging along with dad when he needed something at one of them. And doing some last-minute Christmas shopping at one for my husband. And watching the kids marvel at all of the neat stuff on display when I needed something at the hardware store. The town we live in now doesn't have a hometown feel to it. Maybe it's because there's no hometown hardware store. Lucky you to have one close by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many a store has gone away in the last 15 years, nice to have some that are still here from the day we moved to town

      Delete
  3. I love a small shop! The town where we used to live had a hardware store. So many things crammed into one space. I loved its character and charm! You are lucky to have one so close :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol ~ yes, see this as counting ones blessings

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.