Friday, January 18, 2013

Smile ~ RevGals ask about what inspires such a thing

planted by seed, cared for, and harvested by
my students
Here is the prompt ~
For this Friday Five, what makes you smile? Remembering that Meister Eckhart said that if you pray "thank you" that that is enough of a prayer, share with us five things, memories, or activities that bring you smiles and gratitude. 
Here is my reaction one sense at a time ~

smell ~ a freshly harvested pepper.  My students have mocked my glee, but what do they know.

taste ~ lavender brownies, ahh now that is something I have taught my students

sound ~ Keith Jarrett emerged from an illness that stopped him from playing piano with possibly my favorite jazz CD.

touch ~ pulling my grandmother made quilt over Mosaic Woman and myself on a cold winter evening.

sight ~ a friend's face...

“When you remember me, it means you have carried something of who I am with you, that I have left some mark of who I am on who you are. It means that you can summon me back to your mind even though countless years and miles may stand between us. It means that if we meet again, you will know me. It means that even after I die, you can still see my face and hear my voice and speak to me in your heart.” 
 Frederick Buechner

8 comments:

  1. I tried to grow peppers in my garden once. I found out that deer like to eat the whole plant down to the ground.

    This year, Peter scoured the farmer's markets for padron or shishito peppers to grill and gobble. He was totally into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nance ~ I grew them for several years at work before the local deer figured out they tasted swell

      Delete
  2. Oh, I LOVE those peppers! ...and the quilt, and everything. My therapist in Former City introduced me to Keith Jarrett's music; it's time for me to rediscover it. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River Song ~ glad I could reintroduce Jarrettt, I guess that is kind of like what Buechner said about faces. Hearing a once loved song after many years can be such a joy.

      Delete
  3. love this, love this. thank you!!! the quilt makes ME smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Beth - I am enjoying that quilt right now

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that we don't have to deal with the deer here in Southern California, and I'm glad that you still have your grandma's quilt. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie ~ hoping this will be the coldest week of winter. Plenty cold outside. Quilt is wonderful.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.