Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Year of Birds starts with a Blue Jay

Blue Jay stained glass mosaic designed and created by Wayne Stratz

In the midst of 2014 a few things came together to inspire me to focus on my passion for birds in 2015.

  1. On my silent retreat I read a book of essays on birds.
  2. I finally bought a bird feeder.
  3. I ended the year with making a white-breasted nuthatch
White-breasted nuthatch stained glass suncatcher designed and created by Wayne Stratz

So I hope to be productive in the studio. The Blue Jay returned. The Goldfinch design needs to be grouted; and a brand new celebration of female cardinals has been designed.

And I hope to see 100 species by graduation.

See all my animals for sale here

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is really going to be a fun series to watch progress. I, too, love birds, and to see them capturing light like this really lifts my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birds and looking forward to seeing your cardinals which has always been a favourite of mine though I've never seen one in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.