Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pope Francis provides an added dose of uncertainty, but the shipping is free and the desire to feed the hungry remains

Sophia Spiral Mandala, a design from silence by Wayne Stratz


One thing about working at a school that is fed by many local districts, we can be affected by events, like snow to the north or a visit from the Pope. Districts in the thick of things are closing, but if transportation of some sort can get students to us then they will be in my classroom. Districts that are open may have a difficult time transporting students.

How bad are these roads going to be? Who will be in my classes? What should I plan to teach? There is plenty of uncertainty.

But I do know two things I spoke of in my newsletter of 9/21/15. 

Free shipping (reduced to Canada) on one of my many designs that were inspired by silent retreats with Jesuits while the rare Jesuit Pope is in town. Order one here before he leaves on Sunday >>> Sophia Spirals.

Plus Margaret and I are hoping to give a bit more to feed the hungry this month. 10% of sales are going to be donated to Philabundance in Philly. So check out Margaret's shop as well.



2 comments:

  1. I just tweeted this—every color is so spectacular! It's on my list for when I have my own place and a few $$$ again, which I hope will be some time during spring 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tweet and the kind words. Would be delighted to make one in your colors one day.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.