So there I was watching TV when the doorbell rang. I peered out a window and saw a friend standing there, so I opened my door. He handed me a biography of one of my favorite jazz musicians, then walked away wishing me good health and some time away from the TV.
but in four days I had learned some things.
- I still dig Jim Rockford
- I might have liked the A-Team had I given it a chance.
- I Spy has amazingly cool jazz playing in the background.
- There was a TV show called The Bold Ones.
- I still prefer NCAA Basketball over the professionals
- The jazz standard Peter Gunn was a theme song to Peter Gunn of course.
- I still have no desire, no matter how sick I may be at the time, to watch people shout Jerry as people attack each other on a stage.
- That Law and Order is still on the air. How cool is that.
- One can watch hours of TV without watching reality TV.
- I still cringe when skiers and bobsleds loose their equilibrium.