|Stratoz with his largest Mandala|
It looked enticing.
Since then we have had more talks including one after dinner over pie at our favorite diner.
Since then I have spent a lot of time in my studio: so in my opinion this is why I give away so much to be an artist:
- Moments in the studio when I see how I am slowly mastering the skills needed to work with glass.
- Bringing smiles to some people who I love dearly and some who I may never meet.
- Spending time with colors.
- Bringing my interests into my art.
- Being humbled by those who trust me with commissions.
- Opportunites to be better at accepting praise.
- Meeting and becoming friends with artists.
now the bad stuff ~
- pricing and then being told we charge too much and being told we charge too little
- having to accept praise and criticism with grace
- deciding which of the many things I desire to make, to create
- reproducing a completed piece in the same colors
- giving over much of your life to the making and selling of art
- selling much loved pieces. Selling anything (there have been some longs days at shows)
- capturing the spirit of glass with a camera