Friday, June 10, 2011

Vlog: doodling with Kurt Elling

47  308/365  scraps of faithfulness mandala

Most of the time my doodles evolve into designs, which are used to make suncatchers, but at other times I cut out pieces of glass that are in my favorite shape. Then I make a design, this is what I call doodling with glass. The video will help you see the process and then see what grout does to make the mosaic complete.

The music is a tune from Kurt Elling: The Gate. He is singing a Joe Jackson tune. I used to really love Joe's music when I was in my early 20's. enjoy...


2 comments:

  1. I wish my Internet were quicker here, the video keeps halting. But it is SO cool to watch you build your glass doodle while listening to Kurt Elling sing about coming alive! Utterly fascinating and soul-filling. Thanks for the intro to Elling, and the absolutely gorgeous design. The color movement is just glorious.

    Margaret's mosaics are also simply gorgeous. You two ROCK. I like both the smooth designs, and the more textured ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ruth

    stumbled here and saw I never thanked you for the amazingly kind comment. Elling is coming to close to our town at the end of the year ;")

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.