Monday, November 28, 2011

Shopping Local for a Scientist at Rocket Hub




Flying Fox in tree on footpath
photo by Sheba Also

Yes, Saturday has come and pass, but I hope all of you are still shopping locally.  I just did a bit myself by visiting a website that provides scientists a new way of obtaining funds,  from the public.  Mosaic woman and I figured if we can support jazz artists at Kickstarter (more on that tomorrow), we can support a scientist.  Well, as local as I could find was Susan Tsang in New York.  She digs bats in peril and her passion has led to a research project:  Watch the video below and feel free to  Support her here


#SciFund Challenge - Flying foxes: where are they from and where are they going? from Susan Tsang on Vimeo.


4 comments:

  1. That is very cool and the photo of the bat, quite charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvelously cool...both the work and the website ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing the two of you really makes my life richer. Thanks for spreading this particular word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie, Michelle, and Di--- I have to give credit where credit is do... I found out about this website on Google+ . I hope she makes her goal and studies the bats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.