Saturday, September 14, 2013

Looking up at the Jesuit Center, seeing hawks

Hawk on UCC steeple Wernersville, PA
by Wayne Stratz
 One night in the midst of silence, I noticed a hawk on the highest point of the Jesuit Center. I wondered when crows would chase it away. I walked about. An hour or more later it was still there, which delighted me but also made me wonder if it was real, so I ventured closer till I saw its head turn. I guess it was enjoying the view.

The next evening I ventured out and happened to look up at the UCC church adjacent to the Jesuit Center. And there was a hawk at the highest point.

Hawk on UCC steeple Wernersville, PA
by Wayne Stratz
At no point in time did I see a hawk when I looked up at these two perches in the following days. But looking up is a good habit. There is much to be seen other than hawks.


Hawk on UCC steeple Wernersville, PA
by Wayne Stratz

5 comments:

  1. It's definitely a good idea to look up more than once in a while, especially if you get a treat like this (or just the open sky).

    Thanks for sharing these pics!

    I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was his day to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just back (my class and I)...I saw but one hawk lazily drifting in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I'm smiling.

    Hawks like to sit high up, get a broad perspective, scope things out. (Look for dinner.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.