Saturday, March 23, 2013

Celebrating Colorful Letters: a garden sign commission emerges





Margaret and I must be doing something right because house number and word signs commissions have been steady business for Nutmeg Designs. Today I cut out what will be our 8th house number of the year. I don't tend to complain, but hey, I am the dude who love to create things like this:




... And nearly every commission features white or off-white or black or dull pink glass for the lettering/numbering. Then Margaret gets to play with colors in the background. Well a while back we made a welcome sign with some splendid orange glass. A new client dug it. I redesigned GARDEN, and then with a pile of scraps I went to work. Placing the pattern pieces down here and there to capture all that glass had to give.




5 comments:

  1. Lookin mighty fine, Wayne! Wish we could watch you guys work but I guess that might be giving away trade secrets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very good at class cutting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nance ~ back in the day I may have missed a class or two

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.