Saturday, October 11, 2014

Making the best of the present moment

Strawflowers in one of my horticulture gardens

Photographs are a moment in time, but there are times when I feel my camera and my skills have failed that moment. In the past these photographs would be deleted, but now I play.

My toy is an app called Aviary. I often use it on even my best images to adjust the sharpness or brightness. But a less than favored photograph can be transformed into a new take on that moment in time. Just as my mind (at its best) can seek joy and hope in a failed moment, Aviary can do the same with a not to be deleted moment.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Wayne. You have a green thumb and a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes play saves the day...and the photoimage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been playing with many photos lately, and you are inspiring me to get back at it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.