Tuesday, October 14, 2014

salvia morning; marigold afternoon. A day at work

Morning sun streaming though Salvia blooms at my school

The air was warm. The soil moist. The sun was low. This was the setting as I walked onto campus this morning. The salvia and yarrow in the garden area that surrounds our flag pole was teeming with life. I booted up my computer and went to photograph the moment.

As the day ended, I left my classroom and as I have for the past several months, I walked by a diverse gathering of marigolds. I sat on the sidewalk and caught that moment as well.

Marigolds in the afternoon. The work day was over.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful to have this gorgeous color so late in the season! We had our first snow early in September, and it fooled many of our flowers into blooming again! So we've got some of this joyous color, too! What a beautiful way to start and finish the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad way to start and finish for the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.