Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Cleaning and Doodling in the studio with French drummer Manu Katche

1 Jazz doodling to Manu Katche by Wayne Stratz
Coming back from a weekend of selling our art in Wilmington, I was faced with a studio that had not be stratightened up/cleaned in .... months. Ughhhhhhh

It is far better shape now. Two days in a row I listened to Manu Katche's Neighbourhood. Splitting the time between jazz doodling and cleaning was a fine idea. A new habit?

And then when I research this drummer, I realize I was listening to him in the 80's and 90's when he played on LP's by Peter Gabriel, Tracy Chapman, Loreena McKennitt...

As I cleaned up, I separated paper of designs I wanted to keep, and paper to be recycled. It reminded me of our recent business meeting when we planned out a week in our studios. Maybe more of my favored designs will be revisited if we continue these meetings. We will see. A special meeting to get through projects could lead to a bit more focus from me.

Beginnings: Here is the opening track to Neighbourhood, it pulled me in and I am a fan.


I decided to capture the center of these doodles, where they began.

2 Jazz doodling to Manu Katche by Wayne Stratz


3 Jazz doodling to Manu Katche by Wayne Stratz

4 Jazz doodling to Manu Katche by Wayne Stratz



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.