Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Poetic Feet Selfie 6 ~~~> Biopsy by Patricia Roth Schwartz

Not sure of all the bricks to catch my eye, why this one did, but it did. It took me to a poem where I was reminded that after news arrives, life can be familiar. Seeing the sun always helps as well.

Biopsy

After three leaden turns on no-sun, it comes;
one call splits the rest of your life off
from the whole like a calf from a glacier. Even
so the kitchen's full of light and the scent
of vanilla and apple. The dog's dancing at
the door ahead of her walk down the neighboring
road where she's got a friend, another dog whose
name you don't know. Along the ditch at the cornfield's
sere edge, where silver-bellied birds gorge on fallen
stalks, you watch the two of them mock/ growl, leap,
play/ fight, frolic, as if there were no before or after.

By Patricia Roth Schwartz

 

1 comment:

  1. This was extremely meaningful to me after last week; I shudder to imagine the experience that triggered such meaningful words...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.