Saturday, February 12, 2011
7 for the weekend--- seven new blog friends
I just had dinner with a large group of friends at my church. As I enter blogger land, I have decided to celebrate that I have been blessed to have stumbled upon some new blogs, so let me praise them:
1. Synch-ro-ni-zing--- Original poems, great photos, developing a love of jazz, a recent post on Detroit that is filled with hope... also check out her projects on Rumi and Rilke
2. Curt's Jazz Cafe--- I mentioned Curt back in July when I was talking about twitter and jazz, but failed to mention his blog. His recent take on obscure trumpet players has been quite educating and his end of the year best of list gives me a chance to catch up a bit on what I have missed.
3. Our Little Family--- I am so loving what happens here most Thursdays and that is all I have to say.
4. Art Propelled--- When Mosaic Woman's sister moved to South Africa, Mosaic Woman, hoped to find some interesting blogs from there. Just so happened I had just found a blog by a wood carver.
5. Sew On and On--- She has stormed from being a twitter follower to flickr contact to blog reader to facebook friend. Check out her Thankfulness Installation, which she has been highlighting for the past several weeks.
6. Snowcatcher--- OK, so I may not be planning a ride up Pike's Peak this summer, like she is, but her passion for bicycling has my heart aching for what used to bring it so much joy. Her photography like so many of these bloggers makes me humble.
7. Blue Lion Blog --- A science teacher with a passion for nature and photography. His relatively recent post on Yellowstone had me flashing back to when I was 13 years old.
these and a few others just got added to my blog roll today.