Saturday, August 25, 2012

On the Way to Silence: a stop at the Ugly Oyster Drafthaus



Ugly Oyster:  mural the greeted me


I saw some tweeting about a garden gnome and the next thing I know was in the passenger seat being driven by a jazz loving, pie making friend who happened to be the father of 2/3 of the 20 somethings in the back seat,who for some reason call me uncle.  We were headed to see some minor league baseball.

So I was reading the directions and saw a list of restaurants at the bottom.  The Ugly Oyster Drafthaus and as the night unfolded it became a bit of an obsession, especially when one of the young ones checked out their website.  This is what it claimed...


Ours is the Oldest Pub in the county. The Ugly Oyster was built in Yorkshire England by Traditional English Craftsman. It was disassembled, transported and reconstructed by those same craftsman at it's current location. The authentic Celtic atmosphere projects feelings of warmth and welcome.

I knew it would be visited when I went to Wernersville and it is where in the midst of the hand crafted beauty, I ate lunch on the way to some silence ~



Ugly Oyster:  The front door


Ugly Oyster: The lighting to read the menu


Ugly Oyster: my seat was one of these cool stools



4 comments:

  1. Oh good! I was waiting to hear or see a little about your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nance ~ over the next week or so, you will likely to hear some more thoughts on my retreat

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fabulous place! And some fun before the retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol ~ The chocolate stout and the mussels with garlic bread were excellent as well

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.