|grown, dried, and hung at work|
Tuesday at 8:00 I will return to work and immediately sit down with my supervisor. I am the first on her list to discuss a few things.
One is to develop a Purpose Statement:
To develop a setting where students, who have not known much joy or success in school, can discover that education can be fun. To then inspire and help them to develop the skills to succeed in the future ~ inside and outside of classrooms.
One of the other topics to be discussed are my rules, and I don't think she is ready to read 21 of them, so time to whittle them down to fit the three key areas we are to focus upon in our rooms. The original 21 will remain posted. For now I got it whittled out 12 and have it down to nine...
- Be aware of how your emotions, they are affecting how you behave.
- Work with tools. Play with toys
- If you have tried and failed , then try again or ask for help.
- Feel free to disagree, just be pleasant at the same time.
- Accept your situation and work with your assigned team.
- Help others to discover success.
- Attempt the tasks, which you fear or hate to do.
- When plans get changed, be open to see where the new plan takes you.
- Enjoy the jazz, even if it is not your choice of music.