Wednesday, February 3, 2010

10 things I learned in four days of TV

In my last post I mentioned that I picked up a book. I had made it known that I had been wiped out to the point of watching TV this past weekend, a habit I had kicked for the most part. It took something like the Phillies playing in the World Series. A friend who knew I had been sucked into TV sent her husband to the rescue.

So there I was watching TV when the doorbell rang. I peered out a window and saw a friend standing there, so I opened my door. He handed me a biography of one of my favorite jazz musicians, then walked away wishing me good health and some time away from the TV.

but in four days I had learned some things.

  1. I still dig Jim Rockford
  2. I might have liked the A-Team had I given it a chance.
  3. I Spy has amazingly cool jazz playing in the background.
  4. There was a TV show called The Bold Ones.
  5. I still prefer NCAA Basketball over the professionals
  6. The jazz standard Peter Gunn was a theme song to Peter Gunn of course.
  7. I still have no desire, no matter how sick I may be at the time, to watch people shout Jerry as people attack each other on a stage.
  8. That Law and Order is still on the air. How cool is that.
  9. One can watch hours of TV without watching reality TV.
  10. I still cringe when skiers and bobsleds loose their equilibrium.
so an interest in what jazz musician could drive me away from all that...

6 comments:

  1. Wayne, reality TV is the ONLY thing worth watching on TV. Thats why you love me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you are feeling better. I haven't been at the sick and watching TV for a while. I'm either in bed near-comatose or up and trying to get stuff done. It sounds fun thought - I am so completely out of touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci--- clearly I was not in my right mind.

    Kathryn--- hopefully neither of us find ourselves sick watching TV for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, short little ditty but what a player! Thanks for that, Wayne.

    When my sister and I played in a duo in the clubs, we'd written a little instrumental that we'd called "The Loneliest Monk" which was both a nod of the head to Thelonious and poking fun at ourselves from pretending to be musicians, never mind jazz musicians. Maybe I coulda been a contender if I hadn't watched all that TV....

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy... you still may be a contender

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.