Friday, February 1, 2013

for my 900th post ~ RevGals five on Ground Hogs


From the Rev Gals ~ 

I have to admit: I never thought much about Groundhog Day.

Then I saw that movie. And an odd holiday that seems to be a remnant of an obscure Pennsylvania German custom took on all sorts of new meaning.

So, in honor of the movie and the day, I present you with this Almost Groundhog Day Edition of the Friday Five!

1. The Holiday: On a scale of 1-5 (with 1 representing, "Hey! Stop hating on the most awesome season ever!" and 5 representing, "Green. NOW."), how much are you hankering for spring? And what is, to you, a true sign that it is actually on its way?


  • Always ready for spring, but after the crazy warm winter last years that had garden and forest plant spinning their heads in confusion, I will be a bit patient.


2. The Film: Seen it? If yes, Love it? Hate it? Meh?


  • Saw it and enjoyed it.


3. The Meaning: If you could relive one day of your life, what one would it be?




4. The Meaning, Part 2: If you had to relive one day of your life over and over until you got something right (a la the Bill Murray character in the film), what day would that be?


  • Hmmm, thinking of days in my youth that were filled with poor decisions. Maybe the weekend before midterms that led to my dismissal from a college, but my life would have been so different if I had chosen to focus on academics that weekend.


5. The Meaning, Part 3: If you had to design a life-changing experience for a fairly despicable human being (as is, for example, the Bill Murray character at the film's start), what would it be? How, given all sorts of unlikely powers to bend time and take control of another person's personal growth, would you do it?


  • Would not call them despicable, but what comes to mind are students I have had over the last 26 years, but hey, hitting rock bottom helped me... so I have hope for them too. I have seen one small event spiral out of control.. What if the event didn't happen, what if the spiral was stopped from unfolding. 


Check out others who played

8 comments:

  1. #3--I'm still hoping to get there someday. Maybe soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...groundhog day tomorrow!
    it was light at five o'clock today...yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...what if the spiral stopped unfolding

    Thanks for that thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple ~ thanks for the visit.... And some spirals take years to unfold

      Delete
  4. Crazy thing, isn't it? If i had made a "better" decision my life would be different, but not necessarily better. Great play, and thanks for stopping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy ~ crazy indeed. I can imagine myself having travelled the other route.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.