|a lovely batch of crocus planted by my students|
From The RevGals ~ ... So this week's Friday Five is courtesy of my good friends Frodo and Sam. Tell me 5 things that are good in our world. Or your world. Photos are a bonus.
1. Spiritual Direction ~ Trips to the Jesuit Center will keep happening, but I was prompted by my friend Robin, to try once again to have a director close to home. This week we met for the second time.
2. NOVA science NOW ~ Thank God that PBS freely streams their recent videos. A 50 minute video can require 180 minutes of class time to get through as I constantly stop it to ask questions, to build upon what was shown, to listen to responses from my students.
3. I saw my first crocus. Bulbs are emerging. Birds are singing a bit more. Sunlight bathes me earlier in the morning. Wind chills remain. All of this reminds me of a favored line of poetry ~
Lifeless in appearance, sluggish
dazed spring approaches
William Carlos Williams
4. Jazz is good. Jazz programs in our schools are good. They inspire the future.
5. People have dedicated their lives to feeding the hungry. That is a good thing. In Lansdale Manna on Main Street is doing the good work.