Sunday, January 8, 2012

7 for the weekend: Philadelphia Museum of Art

Yesterday Mosaic Woman and I had a date at the Philly art museum, which means we went our separate ways and my first stop was an exhibit that featured this... 
Red Hills and Bones (hills) 1941 Georgia O'Keefe Philadelphia Art Museum photo by Wayne Stratz

I decided to explore some stairs and see where they led, they led to some windows with cool views highlighting the stones which make the museum and later a window gave view to the terracotta that adorn it. 

Stairwell View at the Philadelphia Art Museum, photo by Wayne Stratz

 Under the Pines, Evening 1888 Claude Monet Philadelphia Art Museum photo by Wayne Stratz
Stairwell View at the Philadelphia Art Museum, photo by Wayne Stratz

Le Bon Bock Edouard Manet 1873 Philadelphia Art Museum photo by Wayne Stratz
People digging the view of the Philadelphia skyline at the Philadelphia Art Museum,  photo by Wayne Stratz

Pablo Picasso Man With a Guitar 1912 Philadelphia Art Museum photo by Wayne Stratz









2 comments:

  1. I need to a to a museum. Soon. Like you, I like to take in the architectural elements as much as the pieces on display. The light! The people.

    Funny, I've been meaning to get over here, which I don't often enough, and I had just read your comment from exactly a year ago at A Year with Rilke, and you left a comment "peace and hope" at synch. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ruth

    hope you get to a museum. Margaret and I are hoping to get to several during our two months off from craft shows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.