Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crunch Time: Pebble Hill Show Approaches


two mosaics, same design,
two different routes
by Wayne Stratz and Margaret Almon

Though a week is left before the opening reception (Sunday, February 5th from 12:15 till 2:00);  Mosaic Woman and I have been spending the week gathering the chosen pieces, writing descriptions for them, filling out the official show paperwork (listing every piece), photographing new pieces, gathering hardware to hang everything, packing it up...

because tomorrow afternoon we will go to the gallery and create our largest display ever and what you can see...    Details here.

But what a creative month led to this time period of doing stuff outside of our studio.  At the Michener Museum we saw a quilt that inspired a thought, "what if I designed a piece, but only glued down the background and allowed Mosaic Woman to take over."  So I did with some creamy white glass, but I thought, "Why waste the other pattern pieces," so I cut the design out of orange glass and glued it on a separate piece of slate.

So now all I have to do is name them, price them, write tags, pack them, and hang them at Pebble Hill.  Oh yeah, there is the not quite finished Sophia Spiral Mandala in my studio and ...

Not so long ago a man asked me what prayer I had when it came to Nutmeg Designs.  My Response: To be surrounded by friends and Family at Pebble Hill.

4 comments:

  1. The two pieces contrast each other beautifully, Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white piece just renders me totally....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there to see your biggest show ever! Please take lots of photos so those of us far away can join you after the event!

    What different personalities you achieved in these twin but not alike pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, one day I will show close-up photos of them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.