Monday, January 16, 2012

Welcome to Mystical Mondays



Translations by Daniel Ladinsky


Mondays have been about science, but I am changing things up a bit.

1. every Monday I am to send a note to my spiritual group members
2. Michelle, the Quantum Theorist, gave us a really cool book when met with her at the end of Decemember.  Mosaic Woman and I have been reading one poem a night and I thought I would like to share the journey here.

The first of the twelve sacred voices belongs to Rabia.  There have been moments that I have been so amused by her transitions from one verse to another that I have laughed out loud.  I think God is OK with us being amused.

Here is some thoughts from God, through Rabia:


THE WAY IT GOES

Why Think God hads not touched everything
that comes to your desk?

True, he may have kept the best
for Himself.

That is just the
way it
goes.


XXX


THE MOMENTS DEPTH

The moment's depth is greater than that of
the future

And from the fields of the past, what can you harvest again?
...

XXX

SLICING POTATOES

...

I
tried painting,
but it was easier to fly slicing
potatoes.

6 comments:

  1. That last poem was one of my favorites! Though sometimes I find carrots a more mystical experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle--- I sliced potatoes tonight for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you sling the potatoes you sliced?!? Must have photos! :)

    I like your changeup. Nothing like starting the week with a spiritual thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book-- it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin--- it should be a fun year of sharing bedtime reading

    Snowcatcher--- much more likely to sling glass

    Di--- you would!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.