Thursday, November 13, 2008

if you truly knew me...

... you would know I hate field trips.

and there I was that first week of September promising field trips to my geology class. With fall fading to winter, time was running out, so with the help from another teacher, a trip was organized.

I won't go into the many reasons why this field trip could or should have never taken place, but that promise and this desire made it happen:

I so wanted my students to dance on boulders and to peer into gorges.

and they did.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's gorgeous.

    Ignatius: desire at the root of good gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like field trips if (a) they do not include business buildings with tight spaces to navigate and items my charge can destroy should he decide he's uncomfortable with the moment; and (b) restaurants at noon time establishing the same situation. Give me Wendy's or a Coney Island joint for this sort of occasion.

    I sved your link. My one son-in-law is an avid camper, hiker, and lover of new places to explore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. gennet girl-- I am trying to see it as a gift.

    jim-- I know what one speaks of...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful but the trail named "Shades of Death" gives me pause. Hopefully, you didn't take them there.

    My teaching adventure this week involved bunsen burners, smoke, sparks, and broken glass. I think I'd take boulders.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.