Thursday, March 24, 2011
Crafting On Thursday- DJC's commission
I was commissioned by a man at work, who has become a good friend (well his name is Dave). It was a hoot being handed inspiration and handed enthusiasm from a friend.
1. Design: He gave me a name and when I imagined the "O" being a rose the design came into being...
2. Photocopy and cut with the copper foil pattern scissors:
3. Glue those pieces to glass, cut the glass as close as I can, then use the grinder:
4. Place the pieces on a copy of the design:
5. Consider RED:
6. cut and grind, cut and grind:
7. Consider the center of the Rose:
8. wrap each piece in copper foil:
9. Pin the bugger down while the soldering iron heats up (oops no photo)
10. make it whole:
11. REPEAT! The man wanted two and of course I couldn't do it the same. Differences include: the R, S, and E are all the same red glass. The center of the O is an opalescent pink. The reds in the O were placed in groups of two.