Sunday, March 27, 2011

7 for the weekend--- on being sick

a good place to nap


1. photo not from this weekend, but one of the symptoms: deep desire to be tucked in under my grandma's quilt.

2. hat's off to my immune system: been over a year since a virus got by it.

3. college basketball: back in the day I was a huge sports fan, so I have been watching the games this weekend. Too bad Villanova and Temple went out early. But the one Dave is a big fan of NC so I will support them later, least I can do after refusing to pull for the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

4. appetite: been able to eat, no fever, and have touched few tissues, but the coughing, the aches, and the chills have been rather amazing.

5. ooops. wish I had gotten my grades posted last week when I was feeling better, but hey when it comes to paper work I am a last minute kind of dude. Feeling better today, so maybe tomorrow I will be at work. Speaking of work, I have a real strong urge to do no lesson plans, but am aiming towards lame ones.

6. love of a good woman: so far she has stayed healthy and has been kind to this miserable dude.

7. my plans were to write about drumming this weekend, but my head hurts and I did not feel up for it, but let me say this: Yesterday I picked up my drum and the first time in a while prayed for myself.

5 comments:

  1. Well, if you're under your grandmother's quilt, that should help. Get well soon Stratoz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better under that gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are back among the living now. Nothing like a good companion and warm quilt to speed the process... Well, and a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone--- I am finally feeling better, slow and generally steady healing. Today it is a lingering cough that is gone most of the time. Thanks for you wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.