Monday, December 31, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things 9 ~ Listening over and over and over

This is a huge difference between Mosaic Woman and myself, I can listen to the same song over and over again, but she does not dig it at all.  So I don't do it when she is around, but old habits are hard to break and so when I am alone in the car...

Today I drove over to the school to check on my plants.  Fiscal cliff was all over NPR, so when I got to the school I ducked into a storage closet where I had placed some of our old CD's a few years back when jazz was taking over our one bedroom two studio row.

I grabbed one because I knew I loved the final track, San Diego Serenade.  The CD was by Nanci Griffith and while I could not find a video of her performing it, I did find one by Tom Waits, the  man who wrote the song.  It is all about how witnessing one thing opens your eyes to something else.

Oh, and yes, all the way home, with all due respects to the folk in DC ... over and over again.  And yes, I am so listening to it one more time  ;')  It soothes my soul and thus I will follow my heart.  



Happy New Years Eve.  I never saw a new year till I celebrated an old one

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...beautiful... Happy New Year to you and Margaret!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is indeed a great song. But I had to chuckle when I read about your polar musical interests!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.