Wednesday, December 5, 2012

RIP Dave Brubeck


Dave Brubeck
Photo by Jim Webber
I was waiting for a colleague to end a phone call today when I read the news.  On the day before what would have been his 92nd birthday, Dave Brubeck had died.

I went to my twitter list called 'jazz' and began to read through the 140 character or less tributes to the man.  Many who I follow, had played with the man.  It lifted my spirits to see the love expressed in the sadness of the news and the joy of having experienced the man.

Mosaic Woman and I went into our studios this evening and listened to two friends sharing stories, sharing pianos.  NPR's Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz with Dave Brubeck.  Read a bio and listen to the episode here.


  Tis the Season, rest in the beauty of his love of piano ~


3 comments:

  1. I heard this news yesterday :( Very sad, he will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. I thought about you when NPR was talking about him last night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Stratoz. I dig comments. Feel free to leave one here.